Thursday, March 6, 2014

Miette Macarons


There are tons of places that sell macarons, but the ones from Miette in San Francisco are probably the most unique of all the macarons I've had. They use course ground almond flour instead of the fine kind, and so their cookies have much more of a.... "cookie" texture. I find many fine flour macarons to be chewier and stickier, almost like a cross between a cookie and candy. They also don't add food coloring, which I find actually makes the macarons look more appetizing (I'm not overly fond of artificially colored foods for no particular reason). However, this means that most of the cookies look kind of similar and you have to be able to smell them apart or spot the very tiny difference in color (I accidentally ate my mom's chocolate-orange macaron, thinking it was my chocolate-only one).

The filling of the cookie is very light. You either get a buttercream or a ganache, depending on the flavor. I personally like the buttercream better. Their cookie flavors include vanilla, rose-geranium, pistachio, hazelnut, chocolate, chocolate-orange, and grapefruit, my favorite being the pistachio.


No comments:

Post a Comment