Thursday, April 10, 2014

Williams Sonoma Belgian Waffle Mix


Waffles are one of my favorite foods (especially with fried chicken), but sometimes it's stupidly hard to find good, airy waffles. At least there's always the option of making your own.

I was wandering around in a Williams Sonoma store and grabbing random things to read to pass the time. As soon as I grabbed the waffle mix, a lady turned to me and said that that was, without doubt, the BEST waffle mix she had ever tried. Well, I couldn't let someone share with me that kind of information without giving it a try, so I made my brother buy some for me (thanks, Andrew <3). 

Now, onto the review. The first thing I noticed is that if you follow the directions on the can exactly, the mix comes out rather absurdly watery. Also, while it suggests that you leave for 15 minutes (it's a yeast based recipe), I decided to get distracted and let it rise for 2 hours instead. I came back and it was nice and fluffy, but still way too watery. The first waffle I tried to make fell apart because of this. When we added in more mix, the resulting waffle was gorgeous, airy, and extremely buttery. It was fantastic.

Great mix, meh instructions. Follow your instinct, and your stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment